Playing with photography (fairly old stuff now)
This site charts my experiences as an amateur photographer. I am more of a techie than an artist, so the topics are mainly technical.
A policeman questioned me in Market Street, Eastleigh because I was using a tripod to photograph the Christmas lights. See this forum
- Is your software applying your display profile?
- Technical tests on Canon EOS 1Ds mark II camera
- Technical tests on Nikon D3 camera
- Technical tests on Canon EOS 5D camera
- Technical comparison between Nikon D3 and Canon EOS 5D
- Playing with Norman Koren's Imatest program
- Controlling depth of field
- What's wrong with in-camera histograms? A definitive view
- Test the accuracy of your camera's exposure histogram
- Problems with Canon's exposure histograms
- What's wrong with Canon's exposure histograms (part 2)
- Problems with Canon EOS 5D's blown highlight indicator
- Problems with Canon EOS 5D's metering
- What's wrong with DSLR exposure metering modes?
- Flower arranging for physicists
- Shutter speed to freeze subject movement
- Problems with EF lens and camera venting
- Limitation of standard lens hood on Canon EF24-70mm f2.8L lens
This is beginning to sound a bit grumpy...
- Experience with dust on the EOS 5D's sensor
- The EOS 5D exposes night scenes and sunsets pretty well
- A panorama of Winchester City taken in 2007 (2 Mb)
- A closer panorama of Winchester City taken in 2009 (4.5 Mb)
- About Photoshop's histograms
This is an ongoing project...
Peter Facey, Winchester, England